First Week of Kindergarten Activities | First Day of School | Hands-On Activities
Total Pages: 180 pages
Make planning the first week of kindergarten activities a breeze! This resource was designed to help kindergarten teachers provide simple activities those first few weeks of school.
There are first day of school activities as well as simple assessments. The activities are very simple to allow new kindergarten students to be successful and learn to work independently.
We all know the first day and first week of kindergarten is super busy, so almost all the activities included in this resource are print and go (aka no prep!).
Inside you’ll find a combination of over 65 no-prep pages and over 75 simple activity mats (with I Can cards).
The no prep pages are great for practicing:
- student names
- uppercase letters
- numbers to 5
- skills like tracing, cutting, and gluing
Use the first day of school and last day of school pages as part of your portfolio or just to see student growth!
The activity mats are a great way to introduce manipulatives to your students and give them something to “do” with those manipulatives. As well as, learning to work independently at a station. There are multiple versions of each mat included which will allow you to use these in a center or small group.
The activity mats use:
- magnetic letters or letter tiles
- magnetic numbers or number tiles
- math links
- plastic cubes
- math bears
- mini erasers
Practice pages included in this resource:
- First day certificates
- First day headband
- First day of kindergarten sign (perfect for photos)
- Color page for students to color when they arrive
- 3 School Scavenger Hunts (classroom locations, classroom school supplies, and school campus locations)
- Three About Me bag (low-prep: requires cutting apart)
- First day and last day of school drawing/name writing pages
- Simple assessment pages and cards (low-prep: requires cutting apart)
- Practice pages for skills such as cutting, tracing, gluing, and using bingo dabbers.
- Using Dice
- All About Me book
- Name practice pages (not editable)
- Math pages for shapes and numbers to 5
- Matching uppercase letters
Activity mats included in this resource (Includes “I Can” directions):
- Magnetic Match Letters (uppercase to uppercase / lowercase to lowercase or mix and match)
- Magnetic Match Numbers (includes 0-9)
- Link Sort with color links
- Finish the Pattern with color links
- Math Cubes sort
- Math Towers with Cubes (numbers 1-5)
- Math Towers with Cube (counting 1-5)
- Bear Sort (by size)
- Bear Sort by color
- Finish the Pattern (with plastic bears)
- Let’s Roll (using dice, numbers to 6)
- Let’s Roll (using dice, counting to 6)
- Count it Out (numbers to 5, any manipulatives)
- Count It Out (counting to 5, any manipultives)
For more back to school activities check out:
⭐️ Back to School Activities Kindergarten Literacy & Math Centers
⭐️ Back to School Morning Tubs for Kindergarten
⭐️ Back to School Activities: Kindergarten Math and Literacy
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.