Kindergarten Math Centers: Numbers 11 – 20
Total Pages: 100
File Size: 101 MB
When teaching young people math, numbers 11 – 20 can often be a difficult concept to grasp. Having a strong foundation in number sense is essential for long-term math success. It is important for our students to develop a deep understanding of individual numbers, their quantities, and how they relate to other numbers. Number sense is developed through lots of practice and exposure.
Good News! This packet is part of a bundle: Numbers 11 – 20 BUNDLE
This resource will provide your students with fun, hands-on centers to practice counting, number writing, number recognition, and one-to-one correspondence. The activities are perfect to use all year long and will make planning a breeze. Preparing these activities are also super easy!
Included are 15 different center activities for numbers 11-20. These activities using basic classroom supplies such as plastic math cubes, math bears, and magnetic numbers. Please download the preview to see a picture of each of the activities in action.
Each center activity comes with
-Teacher friendly directions
-“I Can” direction pages for students
-A black and white recording sheet
-Answer Keys for easy checking
Here’s an overview of what’s included:
1. Magic Teen Numbers: Students will add more to ten to make the number on the card. They will color the ten frame on their recording sheet and write how many ones they added. This activity can also be used at a table/center.
2. Base Ten Counting: Students will identify the number represented by the base ten blocks. They will record the number on their recording sheet and color the base ten blocks to match.
3. Perfect Place Value: Students will identify the tens, ones, and total represented by the base ten blocks. Students will record the tens, ones, and total on the recording sheet and draw the base ten blocks to match. Students can also use magnetic numbers or dry erase markers to show the numbers on the activity cards.
4. Count, Color, and Write: Students will count the bears on the card to find the total. On the recording sheet they will color the bear to match the color on the card and write the number to show the total.
5. Ten Frame Counting: Students will identify the number represented by the ten frame. They will record the number on the recording sheet and count to fill in the numbers that come before and after.
6. Candy Counting: Students will begin counting with the number on the card. They will count on using the candies on the card. They will record their answer on the recording sheet.
7. Teen Number Bubbles: Students will unscramble a series of four numbers. They will put the numbers in order and write them on the recording sheet.
8. What’s Missing?: Students will select a picture card and count to determine the missing numbers. They will find the corresponding picture series on their paper and record the missing numbers.
9. Color Code Numbers: Students will select a card and identify the number represented. They will find the space corresponding objects and color them to match the card.
10. Count and Color: Students will select a number card and determine the number represented. Numbers are represented by things such as tally marks, tens and ones statements, ten frames, etc. They will find the matching number square on their paper and color it to match the number on the card.
11. Clipboard Counting: Students will build the number on the card. They will compose a tens and one statement to match the number and record it on their paper.
12. Fishing for Numbers: Students will sort the fish cards by “Less than 10” and “More than 10”. They will use the color code to complete the recording sheet.
13. Monkey Business: Students will count the bananas on the card. They will record the number on their paper and color the ten frame to match.
14. Sweet Base Tens: Students will count the candies in the jars. They will record the number on the paper and color the base ten blocks to match.
15. 1 Less and 1 More: Students will count the objects to identify the number represented. They will record the number on the paper and fill in the numbers that come before and after.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.